Terms and Conditions of Sales
- ‘Customer’ shall be the person who accepts a quotation for the sale of the goods
- ‘Goods’ shall be the products which the Company is to supply to the customer
- ‘Company’ shall be FLOOR DEPOT
- ‘Completion’ shall be the final date at which the products are installed
- ‘Official Quotation’ shall be the Official Quotation for the good and services offered by the Company
- ‘Installer’ shall be the person sent by the Company to fit the floor
- ‘Price’ is the total price for the goods and services offered by the Company
- ‘Certification Of Completion (COC)’ shall be where the customer signs that he/she is happy with the installation and no faults are found in the
2.0 Basis of the sale
- The Company shall sell and the Customer shall purchase the Goods and Services as detailed in the Official Quotation and is mutually agreed by the Company and the Customer. The Customer shall read these terms and conditions thoroughly before signing and agreeing to the Official Quotation to ensure he/she understands the basis of the Official Quotation. If the Customer has any confusion over any of the terms and conditions or the Official Quotation, he/she must clarify before they sign the Official
- The Customer’s signature on the Official Quotation constitutes as a legally binding order by the Customer but no by the Company until a full survey of the area has been carried
- Only the work detailed in the Official Quotation will carried out by the Company at the time of installation and at the Price agreed on the Official Quotation. Any additional work carried out will be at an additional cost agreed with the
3.0 Description of Goods and Order
- A sample of the Goods shall be shown to the Customer and agreed before installing takes place. If there are any disputes over the Goods, or should they be different to those that were ordered, this must be pointed out before installation begins. Any stipulations after this point will be the fault of the Customer and not the Company and shall only be rectified with cost to the
- Although every care is taken in choosing the very best quality wood, wood is a natural product and at times will vary slightly from sample to sample. Natural hardwood will contain knots and markings. These are not faults in the wood and boards containing small natural knots and markings will not be changed. Only damaged planks will be changed. Natural hardwood, particularly GOWOOD timber flooring, 5R interlocking hardwood flooring, K3 traditional hardwood engineered flooring & K2N super hardwood engineered flooring, are subject to changed in room humidity, hence seasonal movement and shrinkage gaps. These are unavoidable and are to be
- All materials remain the property of the Company until the final balance has been received from the Customer. The Company reserved the rights to collect all material should there be any dispute with the final
4.0 Price & Official Quotation
- The Customer shall agree to pay the Company the Price as agree by the Customer and the Company on the written Official Quotation. This Price shall remain fixed for 90 days from the date of the Official Quotation. The Company reserves the rights to change the Prices of its services from time to time to reflect the change in living
- The Price quoted is on the agreement that the full survey will find no faults or hindrances
i.e damp, before installing takes place. Any unforeseen obstacles could result in the termination of the Official Quotation or new pricing. The Price quoted, unless otherwise specified or agreed, is based upon the cost of wages, materials, plant hire, taxes etc prevailing at the date of this Official Quotation. The Company reserves the right to amend the Official Quotation by the net amount of any extra costs arising or incurred by the Company occurring before completion of the works as specified in the Official Quotation. Due to any factors beyond the control of the Company such as, without limitation any unforeseen structural works, conditions requiring repair as uncovered, or advised by the Company prior to final installation of the Goods, any change in delivery dates, quantities or specifications for the Goods which is requested by the Customer, any delay caused by any instructions of the Customer or failure of the Customer to give the Company adequate information or instructions regarding pre-existing site conditions.
5.0 Terms of payment
- All GOODS & Services Price shall be paid for before delivery of Goods or any other installments or credit approved by the
- In the event that any of the installments payable shall not be paid within seven days of the due date the whole of the balance of the price shall become immediately due together with interest thereon which interest shall accrue on any outstanding balance at the rate or 8% per annum above the current base rate until payment in full is
- Should the Installer deem that the floor cannot be installed at the time of survey because of structural problems or damp etc, the Installer will recommend how to rectify the problem and, on agreement with the Customer, the payment will be kept until a time when the floor can be
6.0 Installation and Completion
- Installation of the Goods shall be undertaken by the Company strictly in accordance with the Official Quotation and these terms and
- The Customer must ensure all rooms are cleared prior to installing. If rooms are not cleared, the Company takes no responsibility for damage that may occur to furniture, walls, doors etc as a result of the Installer having to clear the The Installer reserves the right to refuse to install a floor until the rooms are completely cleared by the Customer. If the Installer does refuse to install the floor due to the rooms not being cleared, the Company will arrange another time for the Installer to return to install the floor. This will therefore incur an additional cost to the Customer for wasted time and wages.
- The Customer must ensure ground floor waterproof system has been done prior to the installation of wooden floor board except Chamwood
- The Customer has to supply installation required electricity & water at no cost to the Company.
- Completion of the Official Quotation shall take place on completion of the installation and the Customer will sign the COC. Once COC has been signed, you are legally binded by these terms and conditions. If there are any disputes with the work carried out by the Installer, the COC must not be Signed COC is at the Customers discretion. Any scratches and marks found in the floor that have been caused by the Installer will only be rectified if pointed out to the Installer before the Customer has signed the COC. Any scratches noticed after this time
i.e the following day, will be assumed to be the fault of the Customer and will not be rectified at no cost to the Customer. Therefore, is it requested that the Customers take time to check the floor before they sigh the COC. Wood floor in a delicate material and will result in scratches if not looked after properly.
- Any changes to the original Official Quotation will be agreed and COC signed with the Customer before they are carried out. Any disputes after this COC signed will not be rectified at no cost to the
- Due to the cost of loading and landfill tax, carpets, tiles and other old floor materials that were uplifted in order for the new floor to be laid, will not be removed by the It is up to the Customer to dispose of his/her own waste. Rubbish will only be removed if this has been costed into the Official Quotation.
7.0 Company’s and the Customer’s rights to cancel
- The Customer has the rights to cancel the Official Quotation within 7 days of the date of signing SALES ORDER
(b) Should any Order cancellations be accepted, the Company has the right to charge cancellation fee of min RM100 or 20% of the total SALES ORDER/QUOTATION value, whichever higher. (Order definition is when customer made part or full payment according to Sales Quotation and stock has been reserved for the customer)
- The Company may cancel this Official Quotation at any time on 7 days written notice to the In this event, the Company will pay the Customer any reasonable loses or costs the Customer may have suffered as a result of the cancellation of no more than 20% of the Official Quotation value, unless the cancellation was by reason of any act of default of the Customer.
8.0 Warranties and Liabilities
- In addition to the Customers statutory rights, the Company warrants that the Goods will be free from defect in material with respect to the product’s structure, the product’s surface abrasion & stain for a period on 15 years for all light, moderate and heavy utility class of residential area & 5 years for light and moderate utility class of commercial area following the installation of the Goods. The guarantee does not cover any faults due to poor
- The Company shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any defect arising from subsidence, building movement, storm damage, fair wear and tear, domestic pet or vermin damage willful or accidental damage, negligence, abnormal working conditions misuse or alteration or repair of the Goods without the Company’s
- The Company shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any damage or deterioration in the Goods where any intermittent, prolonged, or chronic contact with excessive moisture or humidity, or free water has occurred or been permitted, even unknowingly, by the Customer.
- The Company shall be under no liability under the above warranty, condition or guarantee if the Price of the Official Quotation is not paid on the due date from the date that the payment was due until such time as the price if paid in full. The Customer’s statutory rights are not affected. If the Customer has any doubts as to their statutory rights they should seek independent legal
- This Official Quotation shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts and constructed according to relevant Malaysian
- The Company reserves the rights to change these terms and conditions from time to This will not affect the terms and conditions that are agreed by the Customer at time of purchase.